AMERICAN RED CROSS OPENS SHELTERS LOCALLY TO ENSURE AREA RESIDENTS ARE SAFE FROM HURRICANE GUSTAV
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (August 31, 2008 ) – The Louisiana Capital Area Chapter of the American Red Cross has opened 10 shelters in the 10-parish area to ensure the safety and security of local residents before Hurricane Gustav makes landfall.
The Red Cross encourages those who plan to stay in a Red Cross shelter to bring the following items for each member of their family: prescription and emergency medications, extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies, important documents and other comfort items. Additionally special items for children and infants, such as diapers, formula, and toys, should be brought along with other special items for family members who are elderly or disabled.
- Albany High School, 29700 Hornet Lane, Albany
- North Park Recreation, 30372 Eden Church, Denham Springs
- West Livingston School, Rodeo Drive, Denham Springs
- Dutchtowon Middle School, 13807 Highway 73, Geismar
- Plaquemine High School, 59595 Belleview Drive, Plaquemine
- East Iberville School, 3825 Highway 75, St. Gabriel
- North Iberville, 13770 Highway 77, Rosedale
West Baton Rouge Parish
- Addis VFW Hall, 4453 Myhand Street, Addis
- Port Allen Community Center, 749 N. Jefferson, Port Allen
- Erwinville Community Center, 5110 Rougon Road, Port Allen
Kendall C. Hebert, 225-291-4533